Piura

Piura

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

OOOPS ... I DRANK WATER FROM THE FAUCET ... AND GOT SICK

(EMAIL SENT MARCH 30, 2015)

HOLA FAMILIA,

I cannot believe another week has flown by. It´s absolutely CRAZY. The funny thing is most of this week we were sick. Ha. I have felt pretty sick the whole week, but no worries I feel great now, and my sweet comp the same. I think it was the water that we drank during one of appointments. It was water from the faucet, that they said tasted really sweet after all the rain that we have received lately. I was super excited to taste it, and then found out afterwards it was from the faucet. WOOPS. Didn´t feel too good for a few days, but no worries I feel great now! Lesson learned for Hna. Shumway!

We could only find two of our investigators this week. We stopped by to teach Percy, and he couldn´t meet right then. But he said he read the folleto and is really interested to learn more. We set a cita for this upcoming week! We found Family Pintado also, and the Dad had a LOT of questions. The mom loves what we are teaching, and wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon. We invited them to church and the Dad said that they need more time. I know that if they just come once, they would feel how incredible it really is to be in the church. But I just need to be patient! But both families are doing great! 

Manuel, our investigator who accepted a baptismal date, still hasn´t returned from his travels. He has been visiting his parents the last few weeks and should return this week. 

Overall, we are working hard, and we are set on getting back on our feet this week (after all of our sicknesses) and finishing off my comp´s last week with a bang! I CANNOT wait for General Conference this week! Also, I am so excited for the chance to celebrate Easter in these upcoming weeks! What an incredible time in the church. We as missionaries are sharing cards about the new video that was released about the Savior and Easter. It is called (sorry I only know it in Spanish) - Gracias que El Vive. If you haven´t seen it, look it up! It is incredible! I challenge you all to Share IT with you friends, family, neighbors, and whoever else might need this great message. It touches so perfectly on the great sacrifice and resurrection of our Savior. 

I wanted to share a quote that my mom shared with me this week that I loved:

“In the strength of the Lord we can do and endure and overcome all things.”
- David A. Bednar

This couldn´t be more true! I love this gospel!! 

Have the greatest week and thank you for all of your support!!



Hna. Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment