Piura

Piura

Saturday, August 1, 2015

MEETING THE NEW PRESIDENT, LOVING MY AREA, AND WORKING HARD

(EMAIL SENT JULY 13, 2015)


Shumway Familia!

Our New President has arrived!! President Rasmussen and his adorable wife Sister Rasmussen! We had just a short meeting with them but we love them already! Sister Rasmussen reminds me so much of Mom, is super outgoing and is just so loving! We are thrilled to have her and President Rasmussen here! 

Sweet Dylan had his birthday! We stopped by to take a few pics and can I just say that I love that champ! He turned 6 years old!

So this last week I realized that we don't have any youth in our branch. Not a single one. They all went inactive a few months back and haven't returned since. So I am trying to brainstorm ideas of how we can get these youth active again! We have a Night of Talents in two weeks and hope they come. I have decided that I want to work on getting them back to church! New goal for this transfer!!!

This week wasn't the easiest in our area. We feel like our less actives aren't progressing, and neither are the investigators. We thought it would help to have divisions, I go with one member and my comp with the other, to cover more appointments, but we had two days where NO ONE was home. It was rough! And we can't seem to find many of our investigators. Most of them are on vacations, or working. So my goal to CHALLENGE EVERYONE to baptism didn't happen. But no worries ... since no one was home we ended up contacting in the street a lot! We have set time to contact them this following week! 

The truth is ... it was just one of those weeks when we feel like we haven't seen success from our efforts. But I know that we are working hard and that's all we can do! I know that if we keep being obedient and trust in our Heavenly Father, we´ll see results. Even if it is by just contacting people in the street, and hoping that they will let us in there house when we stop by.

Sad news ... Grabiel didn't get baptized. He got scared last minute and told the missionaries he just couldn't do it. It was a major bummer but they are going to keep at it.

It rains a lot in my area ... so that's great! This week may not have been the best but we can always look at the bright side of things right?! Ha - I know this next week will be better!

I have to go, but I just want you to know that I know that trials come to make us stronger! I have learned that a lot in my mission! I love this work, and we are going to keep at it this next week ... challenging everyone we meet to baptism! 

Love you all!!

XOXO Hermana Shumway


Meeting our new Mission President and his wife – President and Sister Rasmussen. They're just great!

AND I FOUND MY TRAINER ... Sister Fernandez
 

I just love her ... and now she’s training another gringa

Just chillin’ waiting for my compii ... this is what a typical backyard looks like

Two members who have been helping us with the divisions Hna. Adria and Hna. Alisia - my comp and I split up and go with a member to the appointments!

Dylan’s birthday

He is just a doll

Killin’ it with our Spiderman poses – come at us Spidey!

No comments:

Post a Comment