Piura

Piura

Monday, August 17, 2015

TRAINING, FINDING, AND SEEING THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS

Shumway Familia!

Well, I am officially training and man I am not sure if I am doing this right … but I am loving it!! 

My new comp is … dudududu … A GRINGA! I could not believe it when they called my name to be her comp! I have never seen two gringas together … but we are having the time of our lives. Her name is Hermana Bryce. She is from Arizona and does not know any Spanish ... which is perfect because I can let her know that I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how she feels. It was a struggle for me but the language comes! She is a sweetie and is already an incredible missionary. She also brought stickers for the kids (our moms are geniuses) and loves our area already. I just love her!

So the first half of my week was spent in training and so we only had a few days here in Chulucanas. But the big news of the week is Leandro is getting married. He and his girlfriend worked things out and they have a goal to get married after his baptism and then to get married in the temple one year after. Talk about a miracle. I told him that I know this decision is going to bless his life and his Heavenly Father is blessing him for his faith and obedience. He is still reading his Book of Mormon and just has a light about him now. If I could only show you all the difference from when we first met him to now you wouldn’t even believe it. We are thrilled for him!!!

We also found a new investigator! She is named Kiara. We actually found her by accident because we were looking for a less-active family and thought they lived in her house, but ended up finding her. She is 18 years old, and the cutest thing on planet earth! It was my first lesson without a Latin companion and I was just praying that I would understand everything she said … and I was able to do it. We got to know Kiara a little bit and she told us that her family are really religious and she has a really strong testimony of her Savior. But then she started tearing up and told us that her Grandma passed away one month ago and that that has been a struggle for her and her faith. We told her that we know that we can see our family again after this life. Me and my comp testified of the Plan of our Heavenly Father and then we scheduled another appointment to explain a little more about what we believe. She is pretty incredible and I will let you know how our appointment goes with her this week!

Also, I just want you all to know that this week we have seen so many fruits from our labors. With my last comp we were trying and trying to help many less-actives come to church and they never came. But this week, THEY CAME. About 3 families, that before never came. It was such a blessing. Also, a few youth are starting to come to church too!

Honestly, I could not be more thankful to be a missionary. As I have been training a missionary I have felt so much more love for this work. I just get to help her realize that she has gotten into the best 18 months of her life and she is not going to regret it. I love this work and I can’t believe that I am coming up to my one-year mark. This is going too fast ... and the truth is I don’t want it to end. It is incredible seeing how it change lives … especially with our investigator Leandro. We have a message that is needed by every person on this earth.

I have to go now ... but I love you all!! Have an incredible week and do what's right!!

I am a Mormon ... AND I LOVE IT!!

XOXO, Hermana Shumway


My daughter Hmna. Bryce

She is a sweetie!

The new companionship with President Rasmussen and his wife

Missionary work is the best!

Our first moto ride together

Free ice cream given to us by an investigator

Some cute little kids that I teach

Sunset in Chulucanas ... oh how I love this area!


No comments:

Post a Comment