Piura

Piura

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

THE MANGO MAN, STICKERS, AND LOVING LIFE

(EMAIL SENT MARCH 9, 2015)

FAMILIA,

I don´t have a lot of time so my email is short this week.

I LOVE YOU ALL!! Thank you for all your support, prayers, and love! This week I have felt it more than ever. Thank you thank you!

Here are a few fun facts about the people in my area - 

1. The Mango Man - There is a man that we teach who gives us mangoes after EVERY lesson. He lives in a little shack and has barely enough food to eat, but he is so willing to give us a fruit after every lesson. I truly look up to this man. He also has so much love for the gospel and he says that the gospel is what brings him true happiness, not other things. I LOVE THIS MAN! I look forward to every wonderful appointment with him.

2. Every time we pass a certain group of houses in our area, there is a little girl that always runs up to me and asks for a sticker! She is the sweetest angel! She is one of my bestest little pals in this area, and I don´t even know her name!

3. I love my ward! There are SO MANY children and the members are so wonerful and kind. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such incredible people.

This week we found a family!! Woot woot! They were sitting on their patio enjoying the day and we stopped to talk to them. They are the sweetest and are so willing to listen to us. They invited us in, we had a lesson, and we scheduled another appointment. It was a miracle. We´ll see where it goes from here, but it truly was a HUGE blessing!

This week I have learned that we truly can´t do anything without our Heavenly Father. He absolutely loves us! I don´t doubt that one bit. 

This gospel TRULY is what brings joy. The scriptures truly strengthen us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ.

I promise I will write more next week, but thank you for everything!! 

Keep on keeping on!


XOXO - Hermana Shumway


Love from Algorobbos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment