Piura

Piura

Monday, December 1, 2014

THANKSGIVING, TEACHING, AND LOVING LIFE AS A MISSIONARY

Family!!! 

I hope you are all doing so great!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Ha - I hope you ate SO MUCH delicious food!! Oh and can you let the Ashton's know that I received their darling card of sweet baby Benson (hopefully I spelled that right!!)! What a treat that was! Tell them I love them so much and miss their family, and that the picture made my day! Oh and I sent a card home with Hermana Cardon for you guys! Hopefully you will get it around Christmas!

So this past week had its up and downs! We didn't have the baptism this week. :( Jorge got a little scared and decided last minute that he wanted to move it to a different week. This was so hard to hear for my comp and I! We were so excited for him to be baptized and become of member of this incredible church, but we know that everything happens for a reason and that hopefully this week he feels more comfortable! He is so incredible, and he knows the church is true. We have moved the date so hopefully he feels more comfortable by then! Please keep him in your prayers! There is so much joy in the gospel and want him to feel that and be apart of that!

We have a sweet 14 year old named Lizet that we are teaching! She is the investigator that gave us a lot of references and approached us in the street wanting to hear about the gospel. She is so wonderful and I think one of the sweetest people I have ever met! We LOVE HER!!! She and her mom are taking the lessons and they have been so receptive and willing to learn more. Lizet has been coming to church with us the past few Sundays, but we really want her mom to come too! So hopefully this next week we can get her to come! We feel so blessed to be able to teach them though, they are great!

We also are teaching Family Ramonì! They are wonderful, and we love them so much!! The only hard part is they haven't come to church yet. Every time we teach them they say they feel so much joy and they feel the spirit, but they don´t understand the importance of going to church. So we hope that they might surprise us one of these Sundays and be sitting in the congregation ... but for right now the lessons have been going so wonderful with them! 

Overall, we have had a great week! The only hard part is many of our less actives don´t want to come to church! But we know that we can´t give up on them, and are working hard to help them feel the desire to come! 

I love being a missionary! This church is true, and I can´t even express how much I love being a member of this church! So much joy comes from the gospel!! I wish I could say it was easy being a missionary, but that wouldn't be true. But what makes it worth it is seeing how people find so much joy when they hear our message! They change their lives, and desire to do whats right, all because they want to feel the peace and love that comes from this church! Thank you so much for your support and prayers! They mean the world to me and I love you all so much! Always do what´s right and be willing to share your testimony! I can promise you that there is always someone that needs to hear what you have to say in you share it!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Love Hermana CHUMway!


Me with the other elders who all started our mission together - first cambio down!

Celebrating my comp's birthday

My comp holding the birthday letter I wrote in Spanish ... she could understand most of it

Picture 1 of the yummy food our pencionista makes for us

Picture 2 of the yummy food ... so good

Picture 3 ... everything she makes is amazing

 Taking a break with funny faces


No comments:

Post a Comment