Piura

Piura

Thursday, December 25, 2014

MIRACLES, MORE MIRACLES, AND THE WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY

(EMAIL SENT DECEMBER 23, 2014)

Family!!!

Oh my heavens, I cannot even believe that I get to talk to you guys in two days! Holy toledo ... I am so excited!!! And it sounds like you guys are doing so great!!! Love you all and have the greatest Christmas!

This week was a week of miracles!

Miracle number one - A few days ago we had Lunch with the Bishop. We asked if he had any references for us that we could contact during the week and he gave us a family. After one of our citas with an investigator, we were walking to our next cita and remembered that we needed to contact this friend of the bishop. We decided to pass by really quick before our next cita and we were walking down the street and an person we had contacted in the street about a month ago stopped us and begged for help. He broke into tears, and told us he needed God. He told us his son was diagnosed with a rare disease and the family was heart-broken and didn't know what they were going to do. He asked if we would just come in and say a prayer for the family to help them! We walked in and about 20 members of this family were sitting together crying and mourning for this sweet 12 year old boy. My comp and I said a kneeling prayer with the family and shared a little about the plan of our Heavenly Father. We sang Silent Night, and the father asked us if we could stop by their son in the hospital and offer a blessing. We said that we would ask members of the ward to offer it and we will be visiting them this Christmas. This was an absolute miracle for us. When we had contacted this Dad, he did not want to talk to us and literally had no interest at all. But in this moment he had so much faith and such a desire for our Heavenly Father. The spirit was so strong during the kneeling prayer and the family couldn't stop thanking us. This is just such a miracle that this even happened because honestly, without the reference of the bishop, and our random desire to pass by and visit the friend, this experience would never had happened. Everything happens for a reason and I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is guiding this work. This family would like us to visit again, and are possibly future members of the church! What a miracle!!

Miracle number 2 - 12 investigators came to our Ward Christmas Party!! 12!!!!

Miracle number 3 - Walter Romani came to church! This is an investigator that we have been praying and fasting would come to church! He always gives us excuses, but this last Sunday, he showed up with his daughter! A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!

This week we also got to sing in the mall with two zones of the mission (about 35 missionaries)! It was so much fun!!! We had a special musical number where a few of us missionaries sang in English and Spanish! It was just so great and President came with his family too!!

Also, we had our Ward Christmas Party and that was so wonderful too! A tradition here in Peru is to eat Paneton (like bread with fruit snacks in it - so weird but amazingly so delicious) and Chocolatada (like hot chocolate) and we did that as a ward! We also had Santa Claus and a bunch of activities and a program of the birth of Christ! I just love the members! Overall we are busy and enjoying this wonderful time of Christmas here in burning hot Piura! I love it!!

I am so grateful to have this time to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he lives. I know that he is our Savior and Redeemer. I love my Savior with all my heart and I hope we can all remember him this Christmas and that he is the greatest gift of all. I hope we can all think of what we can give to him in return this Christmas whether it be an act of service, love to others, or sharing the gospel! I love this gospel and I love being a missionary!!

Thank you all for your support and prayers!! Have an incredible Christmas!!

Hermana Shumway

Sorry my letter is so short this week!! I will tell you more in two days!! LOVE YOU FAM!!!


Tell the Saffells and Wrights thank you for their letters!!!


Hermana Fernandez and I with two of the awesome missionaries (dressed up as two of the Wise Men) in our zone - Elder Lucas and Elder Garcia

The ward members recreating the Nativity ... it was so incredible!


Our zone with Presidente Rowley and his wife

Having some fun with the elders in our district

My comp and I with Presidente Rowley and his sweet wife

Holy hannah ... eating this frozen yogurt was like a little bit of heaven!

Total happiness eating this delicious creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment