Piura

Piura

Monday, February 2, 2015

RAIN, SERVICE, AND THE JURASSIC PARK HIKE

FAMILIA!!!

I cannot believe another week has flown by in the mission. Holy smokes! I am so happy to hear that you guys are doing so great! LIZZY - I am already in love with that sweet puppy!!! 

Gee Whiz Facts of the Week -

1. The language is coming - I said a prayer in one of our lessons. The investigator commented, "Did you say that in English?"... Nope, my prayer definitely was in Spanish. Have no fear people, the language is coming!
2. Sunday my comp and I had a special musical number for sacrament meeting. Here is how it went: About 20 people were present in the meeting in the start. The electricity went out in the meeting, so we had no light and the microphone didn't work. And in the end, they forgot about our musical number (no worries, we are singing next week). 
3. It RAINED during our Service Activity. THIS is one of the greatest gee whiz facts I have ever written!!!

This week was definitely not one of my best. We didn't end up having all the success we had hoped for. We had A LOT of appointments with the people we contacted last week. But almost every appointment fell through (I don´t know how to say that sentence in English - but overall the people either were not home or didn't want to have an follow-up appointment). BUT ... we did find a few people that were home and have a lot of interest in the message which we are really excited about! One of them was a husband and wife that we contacted in the street, who had a lot of questions and wanted to learn more about the church. SO, we stopped by their house and they told us they were going to move, so they gave us their new address. BUT, we went to their new house it was the wrong address, and so we honestly thought that we wouldn't find them again. Then ... as we were walking to an appointment one day (this was a backup appointment, so honestly it was a miracle we had this experience) we found the husband who was buying something in a little store. He gave us his new address and they are our new investigators! Their names our Cesar and Patricia and they are wonderful!

Cosme, our investigator with a baptismal date, moved to a different area. So, we had to pass him on to the missionaries in that area. This was a really tough for me. He was my only hope of a baptism before I transfer to a new area (I think this is my last cambio in this area), and he is absolutely wonderful. But, the missionaries in his new house will continue to teach him and I hope and pray he feels that this message is true!

Diego wasn't in town this week. But we have an appointment with him today! He continues to have a lot of questions for us every week, but he has progressed so much! We are teaching about Joseph Smith tonight, and I LOVE this lesson! The spirit is always so strong, and I love testifying of him. And then I have the opportunity to testify of the Book of Mormon. I hope, hope, hope he feels the spirit and feels that it is true! Also we want him to come to church too! Please pray that he will come this week. But overall, he is so great!

Service Project - We had a service project cleaning the streets this week! Yes, I did wear suncreen - hallelujah (I have no idea how to spell that). But we were blessed and it ended up raining during the project. THIS IS A MIRACLE!! But ... it was really fun to have a bunch of the missionaries cleaning the streets together! Service is just the greatest!

P-day - We hiked a mountain today! IT WAS AMAZING!!! Honestly, it was like the movie Jurassic Park. Seriously. The trees were huge, there were vines everywhere, mango trees, goats and donkeys, and in the end a BEAUTIFUL waterfall. It was gorgeous!! I sent a bunch of pics. Also, you know Hna. Stringham (I was following her blog before the mission), she was there too! I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She seriously is the cutest. And she is studying nursing too at BYU. Small world!

Overall, we have been busy. And even though we may not have had the best week, we have a completely new week to turn things around and to witness miracles! I absolutely know that everything happens for a reason and I can´t wait to see what this next week brings!

I love this gospel. I have grown to absolutely love sharing my testimony. And I know the Book of Mormon is true. 

We all have rough days, but I think it shows how strong we are with how we react to the rough times. Trust in your Heavenly Father always!! Make every day count!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Have an incredible week!

XOXO – Hna. Shumway


P.S. I almost have 5 months!!! WOW!


Cleaning the streets with our district

Taking a break making some faces

It seriously was a blast ... I LOVE SERVICE!!!

At the end of the day ... good times

On our way to Moripon as a district with another district

The scenery was so picturesque

I love my missionary adventures

The waterfall at the end was gorgeous

It was such a fun P-Day activity

Me and my comp ... Hermana Salamanca

I love this picture of the waterfall ... so pretty!

All of us together by the falls

Striking a pose for the camera 

Jumping for joy ... I love being a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment