Piura

Piura

Thursday, October 2, 2014

CONFERENCE, TEMPLES AND LOVING LIFE IN LIMA

To my adorable family,

HOLA!!!! I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your emails!!! You guys are the greatest! Sounds like everything is superb in good ole Orem, Utah! 

So ... General Conference this weekend!! I am so EXCITED!!!! We are watching it on Saturday and Sunday, so that will replace proselyting this weekend. I seriously cannot wait to hear from the prophet and all the other speakers!!! As a district we are all thinking of a question to think about during conference!! Such a great idea!!!! And yes it will be in ENGLISH!!! Hallelujah ... I have no idea how to spell that word ... but I seriously am so excited for that! Oh and we will listen to Women's Conference Sunday night! That will be so great! It really is such a blessing that we have conference! Please take it seriously and don't just nap during that time. It is hard for people here in Peru to even get access to a radio to listen to it. We are so blessed to have Conference and I think sometimes we take it for granted! It is such a great time to be uplifted and recieve answers!

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to write! Today we are so busy!! We went to the temple this morning, we do that every Pday, and I LOVE THAT TIME!!! The temple is incredible, GO AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN! The workers at the temple here sometimes have to travel a few hours just to be there for a little bit. They give up so much to be at the temple, and they have such a love for it! Take advantage of the access you have to temples! It has come to be one of my favorite times of the week!

I wish I had more time to talk about the CCM, but it really has just been another lesson filled week. We are still practicing teaching investigators and I still love the food! My schedule goes: study, eat, study, eat some more, then finally SLEEP!!! I seriously love it here!! I promise I will write more next week about it too!

THANK YOU FOR THE QUOTES MOM!!!! I always take a pic of them and look at them throughout the week! I seriously needed every one of those!! The church is true, and I am so grateful to know that!! And please read your scriptures as often as you can! The words of the Book of Mormon are incredible! I thrive off my time to study my scriptures! I love this gospel, I love all of you so much, and I love that I am in Peru at this wonderful time!!

Be obedient, pray always, and never forget who you are!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

XOXOXO - Hermana Shumway


P.S. Justin, Parker, and Chariton - Be sure to send me tips you have about being a good missionary!!! You guys were so incredible and I want to make sure I am being the best missionary I can be!!! LOVE YA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment